Did you know that we have performed over 6,000 spays and neuters?
That’s a pretty remarkable feat! We are proud of the experience and expertise we bring to these procedures.
How are we different from cheaper options?
Other than our experience, there are numerous ways! When you are calling to price compare, it is VERY important to know what pricing does and does not include. We have adjusted our pricing to make it affordable for you while providing the best care for your pet.
At Metro Vet:
- Every neuter patient has a personalized anesthetic plan
- Every neuter patient has a dedicated anesthetic technician to monitor them during the entire procedure.
- Each patient has pre-anesthetic blood work, an IV catheter, IV fluids and a new sterile endotracheal tube that secures a patent airway. We never reuse our endotracheal tubes between patients.
- We treat each cat neuter as a sterile procedure. This means, we use new sterile gloves, a new sterile gown and sterile instruments. We use a cutting edge pre-surgical sterile scrub/prep for our patients. Every cat neuter is performed in our surgical suite and there is only one pet procedure at a time. Period.
- After the surgery your pet will have a warming blanket, pain medication and an assistant to be with them as they recover from anesthesia.
- We offer breed specific preventative plans for stenotic nares, prevention for bloat etc. These are things that should be discussed for some pets during a spay/neuter procedure and often aren’t discussed or offered at lower cost options.
We go above and beyond to make sure these procedures are as safe as possible. Please call us at 312-583-1921 for further information.
Neutering your cat will help to prevent several annoying behavior problems and will reduce his risk of developing many medical complications later in life. Numerous studies have proven neutering your cat is overwhelmingly advantageous for his long-term health. Here is a brief list of likely benefits:
- Eliminates spraying to “mark” his territory both outdoors and in your house
- Eliminates roaming in search of females
- Reduces aggression and fighting hence reducing his chance of injuries and abscesses
- Helps control the over population crisis by avoiding unwanted pregnancies ~ two cats and their offspring can produce 420,000 cats that need homes and veterinary care.
- Reduces his chance of contracting leukemia, FIV, etc.
- Statistics prove the average life span of a neutered cat is double that of a non-neutered cat
The Myths about Neutering Your Cat
- It will not make your cat fat – lack of exercise and too much food results in obesity.
- It does not make your cat “less of a man” or sad because they will never have “children.” We tend to project our feelings about reproduction onto our pets – animals reproduce from instinct, not from emotion.
- Neutering your cat will not alter your cat’s basic personality, except that sterilized pets tend to be more calm, more focused on you and less likely to roam.
- Getting your cat neutered, although a major surgery, is the most common surgery performed and usually the recovery time is a couple days to a week.
- No cat is too old to be neutered and the benefits at ANY age outweigh the risks.
As you now know, cat neutering is preventive medicine! To help your cat have a long and healthy life, schedule to have him neutered.
Metropolitan Veterinary Center provides the safest anesthetic protocols individualized for each pets specific needs, careful monitoring during the procedure and sterile surgical technique to insure the safety of your pet! You can read about more about the extensive experience of our vets and unique protocols that we employ in all of our spay and neuter services.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the procedure and to schedule your appointment. Call us at 312-583-1921.